Date(s) - April 26, 2023
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Jim Roberts Community Park
Categories No Categories
Sign up at https://drive.ky.gov/driver-licensing/Pages/Popup-Locations-Map.aspx
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) is taking driver licensing to the next level by offering modern, secure services and more options to handle your licensing needs than ever before. The Popup Driver Licensing Program is a traveling service that brings all the services offered in Driver Licensing Regional Offices to local communities that don’t have a regional office.
- Experience all the benefits of a Driver Licensing Regional Office at a Popup Event, like:
- Upgrade to a REAL ID license
- Request an 8-year license if you are due to renew
- Update your name or address
- Renew your CDL
- Popup events are only for residents of the county hosting the event. Every county not hosting a KYTC Driver Licensing Regional Office receives at least two Popup visits annually. Counties with a Regional office will not host a Popup event.
- Appointments are offered on a first-come, first-served basis and must be made online. Appointment holders will be sent a confirmation email and/or text message immediately. Additionally, appointment holders will receive a reminder email/text message four days prior to the event. If an appointment-holder cannot make an appointment, please cancel it. This will open the appointment up for others.
- Popup staff will contact all appointment holders through email or phone ahead of each event. It is important that appointment holders respond to staff when they receive calls or emails. Staff will confirm appointments, answer any questions, and ensure each customer has the proper documents to receive service at a Popup event.
- While Popup events are by appointment only, staff may be able to take a limited number of walk-ins at each event; however, there is no guarantee. Residents who choose to walk in at a Popup event should communicate with staff who will indicate the possibility and/or wait time for service.
- Services requiring testing are unavailable at popup events and should be handled at a regional office or through the Kentucky State Police.
- The following forms of payment will be accepted: debit/credit cards, check, and money orders. The program is not accepting cash payments. A pricing list is available here.
- Skip a trip to a regional office or popup event and renew online or by mail! Most KY credential needs can be done from the comfort of your home. To learn more, click here.
- For any questions regarding the Popups, please email Terry Sebastian at Terry.Sebastian@ky.gov